Dan Wesson Yet another CCH 9mm Valor.

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Dwe, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    When the Dan Wesson discontinued the Valor, I kinda lost my mind. I started to put a plan into action to obtain what I could before the prices went up and the supply went down.
    First I bought a Blue 9mm Valor that I converted to 38 Super, then subsequently bought the 45 twin to it. Then found a SS 9mm Valor and sent it to @Steve Owens to work his magic on. Then After a month or so the CCH Blue Limiteds were announced. I resisted until they started shipping and that was all I could stand. I put a 9mm on layaway slowly paid it off, and today I got the call.

First impression was very positive. Everything was as good or better than I had hoped with the exception of the uncomfortable thumb safety. It will need blending or replaced with a WC BP selection. If I decide to actually shoot the gun I will have a Dan Wesson 38 Superb barrel in it which is
    just what I do these days.
    53D20EE0-29D1-437C-82EF-C2EFA27AC7B8.jpeg
    D83BDA93-C01A-4F9B-BF53-564A4B671F02.png
    761A90DC-B62B-46C7-B62B-D8F25F52872A.jpeg
    1D76597F-9970-49C4-BAEB-ED95B1626929.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    villdetwink, Dub, FWoo45 and 33 others like this.
  2. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    These are beautiful pistols, congrats!

3. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    Good deal and glad it finally arrived!
    "If I decide to actually shoot the gun" I know! LOL

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    I have a question for those of you whop have this pistol... The marketing info said the slide and small parts were blued. Mine is definitely Duty Treated/Melonite. What do y'all think? I'm curious.

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  5. Dwe

Sep 4, 2011
    I have the same question.
    If it is blue it is bead blasted matt blue. Although the slide is magnetic
    it sure looks like Duty Treat.

6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    that is some gun. keep it for life

7. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I gotta get me some a dat!!!

oh wait..............

Mike0251 and Dwe like this.
  8. Joseph Medugno

Joseph Medugno Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2018
  9. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Glad for ya Dwe. One fine looking gat there.
    Now go shoot the snot out of it. In 38 Superb of course!

Dwe likes this.
  10. Dwe

Sep 4, 2011
    Today I verified with Keith
    That the slides are indeed
    Satin blue carbon steel.

And that there were
    50 each 45s, and 100 each 9mm’s produced.

Old Sea Dragon and TheCollector like this.
  11. Mike0251

Mar 25, 2016
    Oh hell those production numbers are good to know!! Wow 50 45's, damn glad I got one and the nines too. Good work sir.

TheCollector and Dwe like this.
  12. FredZ

FredZ Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 7, 2017
    That’s a real looker. Now take it to the range and enjoy every shot. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Mike0251

Mar 25, 2016
    @Dwe Gents want to bring forth some info I just received from Bob at NHC about my Valor CCH 9mm revamp to 38 superb just so you are all in the know!

"DW has switched to using the Para/Clark style ramp cut in their pistols and we don’t have any .38 superb barrels that have this ramp style. The only ramp style we use is the Wilson/Nowlin style. We can however use the existing barrel and ream the chamber out to .38 superb if you don’t plan to use this pistol as a switch caliber in the future. Of course we will re-engrave the caliber on the barrel hood accordingly."

I called him and we discussed options. Yes I could order another 9mm barrel from DW (no 38 super listed) $179 and send that to him so I would have both, but, since I bought 2 of these I told him to go ahead and ream that barrel and make this 38 superb specific. Their gunsmith has already measured everything including lands/grooves, breech, lugs, bushing, etc and the report back is the gun is very well fitted as mfg by DW and perfect for making 38 superb. This saves me some time and cash as well. So just a heads up on the ramp style! Also gave the gunsmith permission to snoop around and tweak/polish anything else as needed too (trigger, safety, etc)
    And did I mention I just love working with NHC!

ZArugby, gun_fan111 and Dwe like this.
  14. Dwe

Sep 4, 2011
    Yes
    DW has been using Para/Clark ramped barrels for years now.

Mike0251 likes this.
  15. Mike0251

Mar 25, 2016
    @Dwe That's a damn good price too! I've already seen them on GB for $2400! Go for it man, you'll be glad to have them both. Then we can read all the posts on TOOS, ah man their gone already, must really be the end of the Valors.
    And two months from now you and I...have you shot it yet Mike? No, how about you? Me either...LOL

TheCollector and Dwe like this.
  16. Dwe

Sep 4, 2011
    I’d love to but the tax man
    comes:mad:

17. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Interesting to learn how many they built of each caliber and that they are using blued steel slides on both. I had DW build me a "Custom" Two-Tone 9mm Valor last Summer and I wanted a blued steel slide to go with the Stainless frame. I already had a Blued 9mm Valor and wanted this Two-Tone to go with it.

However, Keith told me they were out of them and all I could get was Duty Treat....which turned out fine. I suspect they had already gathered up these frames/slides for this special project by that time.

Dwe likes this.
  18. Mike0251

Mar 25, 2016

19. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Dub likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted