Yet another Newbie intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OlympicFox, Dec 17, 2011.

1. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I'm a newbie to the 1911addicts forum. I've been on other forums and when I recently ran into a problem with a gun shop/manufacturer, I tired to discuss my problem and get some help, but the mods locked the thread. Sheesh, I wasn't even bitch'n. Just explaining the problem. :frusty:

Well, two of the guys on that forum suggested I come over here, so here I am! :thumb:

Like many others, I learned to shoot courtesy of Uncle Sam in 1966. Much to my surprise, I seemed to fit in the military, so I stuck around in the reserves for 26+ years - Army National Guard for ~7 & Coast Guard for 20. My Coastie job involved law enforcement, so I maintained weapons quals in the 1911, M16 & shotgun. Between being a lot younger and very simple COF's, making Expert in those days wasn't much of a challenge. I retired shortly after the switch to the Beretta. Funny how back then I thought it was positively crazy carrying the Beretta with a round in the chamber! :rofl2:

I bought the wife her first gun early this year and in the process of getting her involved, I got bit with the IDPA bug. Which led to owning something other than just Sig's for home defense and Kahr's for carry. I love the P226's but they just aren't very competitive. Naturally, that meant a 1911 for CDP - Springfield Trophy Match. So far, the SA is stock but that's going to change soon as I want to do a bobtail job on it.

I've only just started doing my own work on my own guns. For example, I've been working on my wife's Sig P6 to reduce the DA trigger pull, install a short trigger, etc. My next project is to bobtail my SA. Followed by action work on the S&W 686.

More recently, I added a Dan Wesson CCO to my carry gun collection.

And that's the gun that got me hear - more on that later. Hopefully after the dust settles on the SNAFU. I was hoping that would be today, but it seems I'm still waiting. Maybe tomorrow. Oh well, I'll be training a newbie at the range tomorrow and that's a ton more fun than :frusty:

Someday, I'd love to get a top drawer 1911 like an Ed Brown Executive Elite, but mundane real life stuff keeps bumping it lower on the list.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :biggrin1:

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Welcome sir. You won't have any problems here. Lots of great folk to help and have some fun with. This place is varied as you have places to post knives, food, guns, and a host of other things. Enjoy.

3. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    :welcometo:

Greetings from SW Ohio! :wave:

This is a great forum,and as evidenced by my friend from KY,limbkiller,the members here have a sense of humor!

DAT85

4. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Welcome from SC. Bitch, I mean share your experiences, all you want about a brand or service here.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcometo:

Feel free to start a thread about your issues,......many here will be
    willing to offer suggestions and help!

6. LBC45

LBC45 In Therapy, no hope

Sep 8, 2011
    Its always more satisfying when you can mod or fix your own firearm. I guess its similar to customizing our cars and we have been doing that for decades.
    Thank you for your service to our Country. Welcome to a great forum. Regards

7. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Welcome from Tennessee !

8. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy yourself. We really don't hide anything here.

9. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  10. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Welcome :wave:

11. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  12. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    Welcome Sir. I missed your post here yesterday glad you came. Sorry to hear that you have not got the parcel yet and hope the issue will be resolved to your satisfaction. This forum is one great place to be. I hope you will enjoy it.

13. Combat Commander

Combat Commander Custom Kydex

Sep 19, 2011
  14. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome aboard! It sounds like you've had a long and appropriate appreciation for small arms in general, and the 1911 specifically. I think you'll enjoy some great discussion here; it's good to have you on board. :thumb:

Andy

15. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  16. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  17. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    What a great intro! Photo and post those mods! I looks like we're getting a great deal on an abused Dan Wesson owner! Welcome.

18. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Great...... Another titty whiner.

Just kidding man. Welcome!!!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted