Yeti Boycotts NRA Foundation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awp101, Apr 21, 2018.

1. awp101

awp101 Shakin' it here Boss! Supporting Addict

Jan 12, 2017
    Got this email from the TSRA this morning. I only own 1 Yeti, one of Bobby Tyler's Ruger 20oz tumblers, but I guarantee it's my last.

Executive Director
    United Sportsmen of Florida
    NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.

They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation.

That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

Yeti Corporate Office

7601 Southwest Parkway
    Austin, TX 78735
    1-512-394-9384
    Remember TSRA aggressively supports 4-H Shooting Sports, a part of Agri-life, serving all 254 Texas counties as requested. Half the net profits from the TSRA license plate goes directly to this program involving over 8,000 Texas youth plus parents, coaches, and staff . The other half goes to continuing scholarships at A&M.

Member funding and involvement also serves and supports ROTC, Hunter Education and other youth safety and competitive shooting programs across our state and across the country.

2. WHEELS

WHEELS 1911ADDICT

May 12, 2015
    I don't own yeti and now I never will.
    Thanks for passing the info along.

Longmire, xerts1191, Rana and 11 others like this.

3. 1911KY

1911KY Shooter!

Mar 20, 2015
    Overpriced.....they won't see a dime of my money.

Longmire, xerts1191, Rana and 9 others like this.
  4. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    I'm contacting Yeti on Monday not only to verify but to also express my disappointment and to let them know I will no longer be a customer. Very disappointing.
    Yeti HQs (Austin Texas)
    1-512-394-9384
    Monday – Friday
    8:00AM – 5:30PM CT

Longmire, xerts1191, Rana and 10 others like this.
  5. awp101

Jan 12, 2017
    No problem. I usually don't get into these kinds of things (I'd rather shave my eyeballs than talk politics) but I will say I haven't bought a pair of Levi's in over 20 years...

KS95B40, Longmire, xerts1191 and 8 others like this.
  6. Spur1911

Spur1911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2016
    The NRA and its members are being treated worse than actual criminals who commit actual violent acts.

I wish the mush brained teenagers would hold up a sign that says "F*** violent criminals with multi-page rap sheets" Instead of "F*** the NRA". Of course that would take maturity, life experiences, and critical thinking. Oh well.

It must be nice to be able to get a (ghost written) book deal for hiding in a closet.

KS95B40, Longmire, xerts1191 and 14 others like this.
  7. Flashman

Flashman Active Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2018
    Bought a soft cooler. Very difficult to use. Not worth the money. Won't waste my money on this company. Too many other good coolers.

Longmire, xerts1191, Rana and 3 others like this.
  8. awp101

Jan 12, 2017
    That's an ability that has all but vanished I'm afraid and it's not just kids either.

KS95B40, Longmire, Rana and 5 others like this.
  9. WHEELS

WHEELS 1911ADDICT

May 12, 2015
    I've got a couple medicine or food type coolers.
    They work so well I can't imagine ever needing a better cooler.
    They were free also lol.
    a1153b.jpg

10. Spur1911

May 30, 2016
    Absolutely correct. The less than stellar adults are paying the logistical expenses for these children/pawns to exercise their microaggressions.

I couldn't believe the Chairman of ****'s Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) endorsed and condoned the destruction of millions of dollars of MSR inventory instead of simply returning it to the vendor. I would never own that crappy stock (sitting on a 5 year low), but if I did I would want answers about that brazen political move - it was obviously a stupid business move, especially if your company is not doing all that well. ****'s will see as much business from me as YETI - NONE...

11. WHEELS

WHEELS 1911ADDICT

May 12, 2015
    Yeah I don't get why a sporting goods store would do something like that.
    Let's see what percentage of our customers we can make mad today.

Longmire, Kip, wcanterbury and 5 others like this.
  12. Spur1911

May 30, 2016
    Interesting, the name of Sporting Goods Store I referenced was auto edited. That's OK. I think most of y'all know the one I'm talking about (hint: Dix Sporting Goods).

13. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum Supporting Addict

Nov 6, 2017
    It's all for the sake of political theater and virtue signaling.

If they didn't want to sell AR-15's anymore, all they had to do was return them to the makers. But where is the political capital in that? Instead, they opted to have them completely destroyed for maximum effect.

14. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    People and corporations today have little interest in actually doing any "good", but care very much about appearing to do so.

Longmire, Kip, wcanterbury and 5 others like this.
  15. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    No more Dicks Sporting good for me. Usually purchase a couple of items from them every few months. Have not bought a pair of Levi's in years. Have looked at Yeti's, I will now look someplace else...

Longmire, Kip, Bro. Pappaw and 2 others like this.
  16. Spur1911

May 30, 2016
    The Chairman of Dix Sporting Goods also made a $300M donation to a Demoncrat PAC looking to get a blue majority in Congress. Apparently he also owns huge chunk of Company stock. So to make a "statement" he flushes millions of dollars of company inventory AND puts even more negative pressure on a very poorly performing stock. It makes you wonder how some people reach what would be considered lofty levels in business or in the political realm.

I would not be surprised in Dix walks the same path as Sports Authority in the next 5-10 years. We 2A people have VERY long memories.

17. ImperialBlade

ImperialBlade Armed with my opinion and not afraid to use it. Supporting Addict

Aug 22, 2015
    Yeti is chinese made, and WAAAAYYYY overpriced for what it is.
    Grizzly Coolers are the way to go. They are made in the USA, have a lifetime warranty and are cheaper to purchase than Yeti.
    http://topratedcoolers.com/grizzly-vs-yeti-coolers-the-showdown.html

TLSS - Buh bye Yeti, don't let the door hit you where god made a crack in you.

WC145, Longmire, livinthelife and 8 others like this.
  18. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    It even more despicable if you knew the history of the company, they were founded in my area and were once a great place for guns and tackle. Dickk Stack (founder of Dicks Sports) was nothing like his kids who now are running the company and took it public.

He put food on the table selling guns and tackle, not cheap sneakers and sweatshirts and garbage exercise equipment, and his kids could care less. They've been anti-gun since the AWB in 94', this latest dog and pony show by Ed Stack is par for the course and no surprise to those us who've long ago boycotted their stores.

Given the number of guns my family bought over the years from Dicks Sports, and I'm talking for several generations, it's bittersweet to see how a once wonderful sporting goods store has become a place I've refused to shop for over 20 years.

Longmire, Spur1911, Kip and 3 others like this.
  19. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I will contact Yeti on Monday to confirm, and express my disappointment. They no longer have me as a customer.

20. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted