1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I have, and assume a few of you have more free time on your hands I pose the question. Not that I feel that this pandemic will turn into a Walking Dead fallout, but if a fallout occurs what 2011 (or whatever else) you choosing to rock in a total world collapse? Also which long gun are you going to ruck with you.

Me, I'm going to grab my DVC-C 9mm since I run nearly fast as anything I have used with the exception of a couple Open guns I've shot and it ate everything I have thrown at it including a 1000 round random sampling of bargain ammo tests (over 3k through it in 6 months). I'll grab my BCM 14.5s uppers on a decent lower since I know the upper with Vortex Razor since I have reached out to 710m, in combat, not combat conditions (7k + through this upper).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got the most rounds through my EDC and would take that due to convenience and capacity, the DVC-P DUO. Long gun would be a PCC due to the ease and availability of the ammo you would come across, my PSA-AKV 9mm. I think with that set up I would be golden.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I’d go a 9mm Costa Carry Comp or DVC-P DUO and a LWRC piston AR-15 in 5.56 with 4x ACOG.

I don’t see the point in a PCC for a SHTF rifle as I’m assuming I’ll need to hunt or reach out and touch something. Sticking with 9mm and 5.56 for ammo availability (better calibers out there but not so readily available).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Since this is the STI/2011 subforum, I'll go w/ my 2018 DS Tactical 9mm and one of my Spikes AR's... prob a 16" recce w/ 1x4 Leupold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I hate to be that guy... I would go with my Glock 20 in a B&T chassis. Its 10mm, it has a brace, its a Glock, and it has a 508T on it. It gives me 100 plus yards of accuracy with a projectile with enough balls to do something at that range. I look at my 3 2011s and they are awesome, but if I was going somewhere with no lube, no parts, and it had to work, GLock 20. If I was having to hike, I'd pair it with a my BattleArms Dev 18 inch 6.5 creedmore with a proof barrel and a Leupold Mark6 and a 508T. Its about 7 lbs without optic, and gives me really precise fire out to 800 meters all day long. It is also light and small enough to do a shoot house with. Those two should let me deal with anything I am likely to encounter in the PNW.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I hate to be that guy... I would go with my Glock 20 in a B&T chassis. Its 10mm, it has a brace, its a Glock, and it has a 508T on it. It gives me 100 plus yards of accuracy with a projectile with enough balls to do something at that range. I look at my 3 2011s and they are awesome, but if I was going somewhere with no lube, no parts, and it had to work, GLock 20. If I was having to hike, I'd pair it with a my BattleArms Dev 18 inch 6.5 creedmore with a proof barrel and a Leupold Mark6 and a 508T. Its about 7 lbs without optic, and gives me really precise fire out to 800 meters all day long. It is also light and small enough to do a shoot house with. Those two should let me deal with anything I am likely to encounter in the PNW.
Sound logic to me, 6.5 is the so hot, just sold my 308 5R to start a creedmore build.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Glock19..they’re everywhere, and Colt 6920 with a few tweaks ..well because it’s a Colt and it been ultra reliable. 9MM and 556 is abundant and lighter to carry.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Even if you stockpile ammo like a lot of us do, there will be situations where you have to be on the move, you can only carry so much.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,510 Posts
20200403_214909.jpg

If I could only have 1 weapon? 14+1. Ammo is not hard to find. Can shoot rifled slugs to reach out 100 yards easily. Buckshot for closer range. Slugs on one side buckshot on the other. Single point sling. Short and compact.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is interesting to read these kind of posts and see the big bad guns that people choose. If things get this bad a person will only be able to have what they can pack and ammo is heavy. I will grab a 22 semi auto pistol, a 22 rifle and ammo. Granted 22's might not be able to reach out as far or make as big holes but, I do know how to shoot and to hide.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is interesting to read these kind of posts and see the big bad guns that people choose. If things get this bad a person will only be able to have what they can pack and ammo is heavy. I will grab a 22 semi auto pistol, a 22 rifle and ammo. Granted 22's might not be able to reach out as far or make as big holes but, I do know how to shoot and to hide.
No one makes a 2011 in 22, your comment is for reality not this thread lol.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,510 Posts
Probably this is better..
:p

Reactions: july19

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,063 Posts
Arsenal Sam 7 SF
870 Tactical.
Glock 45, or Staccato P.

But in reality, what ever is closest.

Reactions: Bmlewis5117

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would do a PCC in 9mm because of ease of ammo and/or an AR15. As for a sidearm, I would choose any of my 2011s with 170mm mags :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more. I would do my DVC P DUO with the 20+1 and 27+1 rd mags that I have. But, the reasoning behind a PCC is that they are lighter to carry, have a good capacity especially my PSA AKV 9mm, and yes I wouldn't be able to reach as far as the others but in a realistic situation ok n I'm not trying to shoot past 200 yards anyway (max effective range of a 9mm pcc). Plus I would come across a lot more 9mm if I am moving which at some point I am going to have to do. If I hit s ok mething know the right spot and in certain cases enough times It would even work for hunting. So, I think I would be good.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
Reactions: OldCuz
1 - 20 of 23 Posts