You Guys Are Going to Hate This

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by azguy1911, Aug 13, 2020.

1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Let the flaming begin :rolleyes: I had to at least try this as I have had in in a drawer for over 3 years

0813201746.jpg 0813201750.jpg

I had to take out the thin bushing on the right side and add a taller bushing for the attachment

0813201750a.jpg

Button her up and added some Chambers blue nitre grip screws for good luck

0813201754.jpg 0813201754a.jpg 0813201758.jpg 0813201758b.jpg

I can immediately see that you can't rack the slide from over the top, it has to be with the slide-release or with the RCS. We'll see, headed to range in the morning for some therapy.

;)

simonp, Eddie D, 1911 crazed and 11 others like this.
  2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011

3. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Just say no ! LOL

Dub and Uncle Bob like this.
  4. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    This is America and you are free to do what you want with you belongings. That being said an unprotected safety would give me a pause but to each is his own.

5. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Ok, since we are having confessions, many years ago I was perusing a pawn shop and saw this little fellow looking lonely, dirt cheap, feeling sorry for it, I took him home. My only redemption, (unlike AZ) it was already installed at purchase, just never removed it.;)
    DSC_4055.JPG

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    dgi, simonp, Raylan Givens and 3 others like this.
  6. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017

I've watched someone shoot his right testicle off, it's downright nasty. The guy was shaky in the first place, he bought a SNICK holster for a speed match after we told him several times not to use one. First off pinned grip safety and he started to fiddle with the pistol in the holster... dropped the safety off and part of the retention was in the trigger guard... he touched one off. Luckily they have prosthetic balls.

340pd, Raylan Givens, Dub and 4 others like this.
  7. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I tried one years ago on a 1911. Sliced my hand deeply when I did a malfunction drill. It went away.

Jennifers likes this.
  8. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Hey it's a built in money clip. Now you just need to stuff it with $100 bills.. :p

Whiten, simonp, Eddie D and 8 others like this.
  9. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I’m just glad you put it on an already crap firearm.*

*Nothing wrong with WC, I was just being funny. In truth, I’m pretty sure part of my soul died, when I saw the pictures.

1911fanatic, Dub, FWoo45 and 4 others like this.
  10. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Raw-dogging it with a Wilson. IMO that's a man who knows what a tool is for!

ZoidMeister and nikerret like this.
  11. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    You guys crack me up. :D

simonp likes this.
  12. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    I hate to ask stupid questions but what am I looking at. What is that thing?

razorbacker likes this.
  13. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    No stupid questions, it's how we learn. The thing on my revolver and Azguy's 1911 is called a clipdraw. They have been around for years but you rarely see serious gun guys install them on their guns because they are dangerous as hell. You shove the gun down inside your waistband and the clip slides over the outside of your belt or waistband for concealed carry. Light weight, easy to slip on or off but there is nothing to cover the trigger which makes it dangerous. Also it does not secure your gun as well as a good holster. Generally is considered more of a novelty than actual serious carry method.

https://www.clipdraw.com/

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    fieldgrade and FWoo45 like this.
  14. slingerbelt

slingerbelt Deer Magnet

Aug 13, 2018
    It looks like the negative side outweighs the usefulness.

Dub likes this.
  15. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Well, now I feel that was a pretty stupid question on my part. BUT in my own defense, when I first looked at the thread, TapATalk was acting up a bit and didn't successfully display the OP's photos so wasn't aware "the clip" was the subject. In fact, I had concluded (for whatever reason), that grips where the topic and that maybe he had put standard thickness grips on one side and thin grips on the other side. (me: )

When I scrolled down to your post, the photo loaded ok. And to be honest, the 'clip' was the furthest thing from my mind. Your revolver "grips" looked normal but I couldn't figure out what that thing was (which was also obviously, the real subject of the photo & thread). So I was completely lost in this thread.

Now it all makes sense... I've had a good laugh at myself! (Never too old to be an idiot!)

I am/was vaguely aware of 'the clip' holster thing - but haven't seen one in *real* life. And especially didn't know they could be put on a revolver! (Looks like, "just the thing for a Glock"! )

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    razorbacker and DWdude like this.
  16. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Meh.........if YOU like it, I say go for it

17. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    As for the safety-ness of carrying this, you have the thumb safety which would never just become disengaged an you have double redundancy safeties with the grip safety and finally the trigger.

I feel total safe with it. I'll be carrying,it all day and will report.

18. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I used one of these on a Glock 36 as a BUG for a while. To each his own. I never got too high or too low about it. It does work though.

19. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Did you just find out what gifs are, or do you just REALLY like that one?

20. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Never seen one on a 1911 but I had a Ruger LC9 and EC9s that both had the pocket clips installed. For the most part they worked like they should.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted