close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You know you're probably having too many guns sent to your ffl when...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by WC145, Jan 12, 2018.

1. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 1, 2013
    A gun shows up out of the blue with no paperwork whatsoever and he assumes it for you...:rolleyes:

I made a trade deal with Bogey41 for his Kriss Vector earlier this week. He sent me the tracking number for it and it wasn't due to be delivered until next Monday so I hadn't gotten around to emailing my dealer about it.

So I get an email from my dealer today asking if I had a gun coming in and I tell him yes, a Kriss Vector, blah blah blah. And he says it's here but the FFL that shipped it forgot to put a copy of their license in the box with the gun. There was nothing to ID who was for, who it came from, nothing, just a rifle in a box. Their name wasn't even on the shipping label because they used a shipping store. Without their FFL he can't log it in , transfer it to me, nothing. I called them, got it sorted out and they emailed my guy a FFL copy.

I get to his place to pick it up and I'm apologizing for the mix up and he says "It's no big deal, when I saw it I figured it had to be yours, you were the first person I contacted about it". Then he says, "In fact, you're the only person I contacted about it, if it wasn't yours I don't know who it might have belonged to!":D

Daveco, ChuckC, boatdoc and 19 others like this.
  2. seawolfxix

seawolfxix Asker of the Obvious

Dec 10, 2017
    You know you have too many guns when you need to add a vector to your collection :grin:

Spokes, boatdoc, Pennywise827 and 2 others like this.

3. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
  4. 1911wheelsnomore

1911wheelsnomore GUN KRAZO Supporting Addict

May 12, 2015
  5. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    My FFL knew my home address by memory a couple weeks back... I have a prob.

6. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    When you have a second gun sent to your FFL, before you can find time to pick up the last one you ordered, mine looks at me funny.

Everytime he kicks off the background check (now online) he says "Let's see if Greg's been a bad boy..."

ChuckC, boatdoc, Pennywise827 and 6 others like this.
  7. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    When they give you a discount.

ChuckC, Pennywise827 and WC145 like this.
  8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Yep mine knows me to but not as bad as you. If a gun shows up and if it’s a 1911 he figures it’s for me, especially if it’s a pricier one!! He doesn’t figure every gun is mine, yet. I’ve done this to and just figure damn I’ll just wait another day or two to pick them both up. That way I only have to make one stop ;)

boatdoc, FWoo45, WC145 and 1 other person like this.
  9. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Great!

Mine is the same way.

They text me and say “ your next gun is here....” even if I didn’t order it!

boatdoc and WC145 like this.
  10. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    I took my ffl a box of candy and a bottle of wine for Christmas and she still charged me $220 for the previous weeks transfers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    No kidding! This one may top the "guns I bought but didn't need" list but it's cool and I'm sure it's a blast to shoot, and I didn't have anything for PCC matches (lamest justification ever:roll:). The best part of getting it will be when the boy gets home to see it, he's going to go bonkers, it's like something straight out of one of his video games!

He doesn't charge me, we've been friends for years, long before he got his FFL. Every two or three guns I bring him a Dunkin Donuts gift card to help keep him maintain his caffeine habit.

Ima gonna take some tomorrow while we're having another storm.:)

12. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Damn, Duke, you either need to slow down or you need to find a dealer that doesn't charge 3 figure transfer fees!:jawdrop:

13. BuckyP

BuckyP Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2011
    Yes, but has your FFL ever done this to you?

—————-

So yesterday, my EDC X9 finally arrives at my FFL. Of course, we were in the middle of a bad snow storm, so I delayed my pickup until later in the afternoon. Wife wasn’t pleased, but she’s over it after I got home safe.

Anyway, after a long careful ride through the snow, they put the Wilson case on the counter. I unzip the case, and the gun is wrapped nicely in a silicone cloth. I take the wrapped gun carefully out of the case, and am immediately shocked at how light and compact it is. I carefully begin unwrapping it, and low and behold, there it is... some beat to snot Sig P230 SL.

I admit it, I got punked. I got a good chuckle out of it though.

14. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed..... Supporting Addict

Jan 23, 2017
    Yeah my FFL doesn't charge me anything either.

The other day I saw him showing pics on his phone, so I mosey over. The man has our wet dream vault with over 1k guns....he's a serious collector. So I am excited to see his latest rifle...instead he's showing my last purchase sent to him and how cool it was. I almost got misty eyed.

15. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    Hi --I'M Rob and I am a gun addict

I KNOW I am hopelessly addicted. My Lgs owner/Friend freely admits that when something good come sin, he counts on me and 2 other addicts to grab it. No one else gets to see it until we, vultures circle,land and buy

wonder if Obamacare covers gun addict rehab? (yeah right!!! ;) )

FWoo45, gps man, WC145 and 1 other person like this.
  16. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    my friends says the following SWEET words
    " I have something for YOU"

music to my ears...puts Mrs Boatdoc in a tizzy

gps man and WC145 like this.
  17. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Haha! Thank goodness my guy hasn't tried anything like that. Most of my acquisitions are used, I'm already apprehensive enough about what I might be getting!

Eric likes this.
  18. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    What is wrong with us?????

boatdoc, Pennywise827 and WC145 like this.
  19. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    I know, it's like when you run across a picture of one of your guns posted by someone else in a forum you don't belong to point out something about it. It's like watching one of your kids do something great - "Small town gun makes good!".

Pennywise827 and gps man like this.
  20. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 23, 2014
    When I was shipping out a gun early this week, two LGS employees rushed over to see what new 1911 I got. They looked disappointed when they learned I am shipping out something they have seen before

stlgecko likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted