close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your Black Friday Buys?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by crayj46, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. crayj46

crayj46 Cite This LOL Supporting Addict

Aug 12, 2017
    i started warming up last saturday when i got the commander, then yesterday in some wind sprint warm ups my A2 Dan Wesson came in. last night saw an order for parts placed with Ed Brown. today i found some muzzle device shims for a 308. tomorrow my order for the Aero Precision M5E builders set will arrive...stick a fork in me, i'm about done

ooops, forgot all the 308 parts that came in this week, and several walnut grip scales with a couple of maple thrown in. at least i'm not acquiring 1911 dimes anymore

what cha got coming in?

1911wheelsnomore and Jollyroger1 like this.
  2. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 23, 2014
    Got my first Glock coming in tomorrow. G19 gen4 with a fun serial number that starts with "BEST...", could not pass it up :)

3. blitz45

blitz45 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2017
    My wife and I are going out at midnight for a 50-75% sale the clothing outlets are having. It's at this time of the year that our kids tend to be about grown out of their clothes and it's the cheapest time to get them.

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  4. wcanterbury

wcanterbury NRA Life Member, GOA Member Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    The best sale I have seen is a 50% off sitewide sale at Gildan Clothing. The job I have in water & wastewater treatment involves handling a lot of bleach. This just destroys clothing so I buy colored t-shirts in bulk. Gildan normally charges $6.00 for a heavy 6oz. t-shirt, sale price $3.00 which beats my normal wholesaler for the exact same 2XX T-shirts by $3.00 vs. $3.92. I buy 24 shirts a year!

Need CZ or Dan Wesson mags? 20% off at the CZ website. Use Promo Code SAVE20.

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  5. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I bought 400 rounds of 55gr PMC .223 from PSA for a good price plus free shipping on a “pre-Black Friday sale”. Should be delivered next week.

Bro. Pappaw likes this.
  6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I don't do Black Friday. I don't like shopping anyway, but especially so when there's large stupid crowds.

JDNY65, razorbacker, FWoo45 and 9 others like this.
  7. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    after my old friend gets through moving and selling all his stuff that won't fit in his new digs we'll likely drive up to SGA, only about 25 miles from here, i'll pick up a case of S&B 45acp

8. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    i don't go into a store, i order online LOL

Kip, LPRoad, wcanterbury and 2 others like this.
  9. Old Rasputin

Old Rasputin Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    I've got two Buck knives and a few small misc. items in my "shopping cart" on Blade HQ waiting for me to hit the buy now button....unfortunately (or fortunately) I have a gun on lay-away with George at Gunslingers so I dont have spare funds for another firearm purchase at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Glock2740 likes this.
  10. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Same here! My Black Friday shopping is done through the convenience of my iPhone or iPad. Plus I live too far from town to drive 45 + minutes to fight crowds and still not find snything I want.

11. Old Rasputin

Mar 18, 2017
    I'm 100% with you Glock2740...I would rather have root canal or even a colonoscopy while awake than subject myself to the idiot masses at any mall or big box store this weekend! But that's just me.

razorbacker, Kip, gps man and 3 others like this.
  12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Don’t see anything I need for anyone that’s worth the fight to go shopping between now and tomorrow afternoon. Wife and I may venture out late tomorrow. My Black Friday purchase was slim and extra slim Challis grip bushings and sos screws:shameful:. Says delivery Monday :(

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    wcanterbury and Old Rasputin like this.
  13. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    Went to Albuquerque to visit friends and the motel has a Cabela's in the same parking lot. That was not good. Wife and I did some Christmas shopping since it was SOOO close. Big mistake. Finally got out of the store for about $1500.00 even with almost $200.00 in store discounts and points, but our sons are going to be happy this year. Plan to sleep in in the morning.

wcanterbury likes this.
  14. wcanterbury

Sep 25, 2015
    I shop online. Denver is 170+ miles over the passes which are over 11,000 feet. Even if you stay in Denver overnight at a friend's house, the drive just sucks the life out of you. Try going over and back in one long day and it just sucks. Grand Junction is 90 miles away, but the selection is limited.

15. Old Rasputin

Mar 18, 2017
    In my 60 years on this planet I can say without reservation my two favorite inventions thus far during my lifetime are the microwave oven and the internet.
    That being said, shopping online in the privacy of ones own personal space is a God send for those of us that do not care to mingle with the general populace on a regular basis let alone during the insane shopping spree that occurs between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

WC145, WNC1911, Glock2740 and 5 others like this.
  16. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    If I am lucky, I am picking up a new gat. Trying not to jinx it though.

Raven312 and wcanterbury like this.
  17. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    good luck to you!

wcanterbury and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  18. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Finally got around to buying a Gibbz side charging upper to complete the single shot .300BO build.

wcanterbury and livinthelife like this.
  19. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This in .204. $210 after rebate and tax.

WC145, Kip, Glock2740 and 5 others like this.
  20. wcanterbury

Sep 25, 2015
    Well this makes me happy. 24 Colored heavy weight T-shirts in 2XL delivered to the front door for $78.21 I am all set for next year. If you are an XL or smaller then another site sells the same t-shirts for $2.07 a piece.

Old Rasputin likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted