1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has likely been posted before, but what would be your dream 1911? Assuming fit is perfect, what options would you pick? My build list would include:

1. Melonite finish, everything melonite treated, blacked out, even the small parts
2. Any caliber but 9mm
3. 10-8 rear sights, gold bead front sight
4. Not much in the way of roll marks
5. MSH and Front Strap stippled
6. Top slide treatment, to be determined
7. Package of fitted small parts; extractor, slide stop, thumb safety
8. No VZ grips
9. Believe it or not, I'd like to have this in 22 Mag

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
This has likely been posted before, but what would be your dream 1911? Assuming fit is perfect, what options would you pick? My build list would include:

1. Melonite finish, everything melonite treated, blacked out, even the small parts
2. Any caliber but 9mm
3. 10-8 rear sights, gold bead front sight
4. Not much in the way of roll marks
5. MSH and Front Strap stippled
6. Top slide treatment, to be determined
7. Package of fitted small parts; extractor, slide stop, thumb safety
8. No VZ grips
My guess is......... you have several of your dream 1911s :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I actually have my dream 1911 in .45 ACP.
What I wish is that I could have another one exactly like it in .38 superb.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don’t own the treasures that many here do but I’d be satisfied with any of the ones I currently own. My “dream” would be to wave the movie magic wand over, say, my Alchemy SA Loaded or my Valor and turn them into non stop shooters that never had to be reloaded. (Ok - I know it’s stupid but that’s my dream. DON’T WAKE ME!!)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t own the treasures that many here do but I’d be satisfied with any of the ones I currently own. My “dream” would be to wave the movie magic wand over, say, my Alchemy SA Loaded or my Valor and turn them into non stop shooters that never had to be reloaded. (Ok - I know it’s stupid but that’s my dream. DON’T WAKE ME!!)
I've had that dream, except it was a M14, actually it was a nightmare

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
1. Stainless steel, even the small parts
2. 9mm or 45 with 10 mags
3. 10-8 rear sights, tritium or gold bead front sight
4. Naked slide with carry cuts
5. No stipple
6. Slide top 30 LPI serrations, battle sight, serrated blade
7. One piece magwell, round butt
8. Desert Ironwood grips by Cherokee Hills (Bob)
9. Manufacture logo on both sides of rear of slide (WC or NHC only)

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,942 Posts
Had mine built by a talented local 'smith, Robin Dietrich, it was finished about 5 years ago. Robin did all of the work on it except the DLC finish. Started with a Colt ORM 1911A1 .38 Super, added 9mm and 9x23 barrels, removed the rollmarks, gutted it and fitted new innards, small parts, grip safety, trigger, sights. It was hand checkered and serrated, flats were polished to a mirror finish and the rounds are fine matte. The entire gun, every part except the spirings, is finished in Ionbond DLC. The Hand carved giraffe bone grips that I got from forum member Cigarhead complete the package. I've got numerous other very nice 1911s but this one is the total package for me. It is wicked accurate, 100% reliable, and handles like it was made for me.;) I've got other nice 1911s but this was the one that I pulled out the stops on.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,285 Posts
This is as close as I have gotten to my dream gun.
It was inspired by @WC145 and his Colt on post #16^^^^^.
My @Steve Owens Valor build. Originally a SS 9mm. Steve transformed it into
this beauty in (38 Superb/9x23win) convertible complete with a polished slide, gold bead FS, and finished in DLC and sporting Desert Ironwood burl
shoes from Bob... @Gripwright.
17F60B73-2B42-4E9B-ABBE-45E2B418E30D.jpeg
BAD4F125-CA88-4DDA-A9E5-EEF638DE0C12.jpeg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts