1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Before I started shooting competitively I just didn't understand "dirty guns"!
After a few months of competing I got it. It wasn't long and I was shooting matches every other week and practicing in between. Having a whistle clean gun became a chore, after reloading and practicing.

A quick once over with a lightly oiled cloth after a match, field stripping after 300-400 rounds and detailed cleaning at around 3,000. Still meant a lot of time cleaning when shooting 1,000-3,000 rounds a month in several classes.

Although I no longer shoot competitively due to degenerative bone disease I still follow a similar regimen. It's rare that all my guns are clean at the same time. :)

·
Banned
224 Posts
There are some guns that just makes you hear burst when you see them, you wake up in the morning and you take a quick peek and the rest of you day will be filled with sunshine

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
So don’t get me wrong I love seeing these works of art but please let’s post up some tools that are worked! I’m a sucker for guns with character. I kinda feel bad that my new pm9 already got holster wear and it’s only two weeks old...
What took you so long ! :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts