1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jesus you guys lol first I read or watched a John Browning doc on why he was working on at the time, and he was developing something for Luger. But the army was specific about 45. And years later he developed the double stack 9 at FN with no government influence.

Second I teach Muay Thai boxing and Krav Maga. So this has nothing to do with “how delicate” my hands are, but I find it humorous that whenever anyone mentions another caliber other than “God’s caliber” most members on here get their panties in a bunch.

I have an old Argentinian Colt 45 and an Old Army 45LC. I don’t have much ammo on either so I shoot 9 more. Is there a problem with that? I also live in a restricted state so I gotta work with what I got.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hahaha this subject always stirs up controversy. Everyone has their reasons for the caliber they prefer. Next you'll see mathematical statistical ballistic comparisons... I say get one in every caliber. I personally prefer .45 ACP and I'll tell you why. While employed as a DEA agent for over twenty years I spent A LOT of time at the range. At the time, agents were issued .40 cal but could use 9mm or .45 if they desired. Steel targets were often part of the course of fire during training. There were many times where the 9mm guys had trouble knocking over the plate on flip ups where the .40 and .45 guys had no trouble at all on the same set up. This is obviously not the end all ballistic comparison lol. Just a real world example that I observed. Also, it makes sense to me that a bigger hole makes the juice run out of your adversary more rapidly. Now calm down fellas, these are just my opinions. They don't mean ****. Just like yours lol.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Hahaha this subject always stirs up controversy. Everyone has their reasons for the caliber they prefer. Next you'll see mathematical statistical ballistic comparisons... I say get one in every caliber. I personally prefer .45 ACP and I'll tell you why. While employed as a DEA agent for over twenty years I spent A LOT of time at the range. At the time, agents were issued .40 cal but could use 9mm or .45 if they desired. Steel targets were often part of the course of fire during training. There were many times where the 9mm guys had trouble knocking over the plate on flip ups where the .40 and .45 guys had no trouble at all on the same set up. This is obviously not the end all ballistic comparison lol. Just a real world example that I observed. Also, it makes sense to me that a bigger hole makes the juice run out of your adversary more rapidly. Now calm down fellas, these are just my opinions. They don't mean ****. Just like yours lol.
I feel same way . I shoot a lot of plates and the occasional bowling pin . 9 mm has trouble knocking down plates or flipping plates on a dueling tree . Most bowling pin matches don't allow 9 mm due to ricochets . 45 also makes a bigger hole . But , I don't worry about other people's choices . I use 9mm quite often for punching paper . A whole lot of addicts swear " God's Caliber " is 38 Super . Own what ever you enjoy .

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Jesus you guys lol first I read or watched a John Browning doc on why he was working on at the time, and he was developing something for Luger. But the army was specific about 45. And years later he developed the double stack 9 at FN with no government influence.

Second I teach Muay Thai boxing and Krav Maga. So this has nothing to do with “how delicate” my hands are, but I find it humorous that whenever anyone mentions another caliber other than “God’s caliber” most members on here get their panties in a bunch.

Actually a lot of us are trying to figure out your rather strange detachment to any known or published history of JMB and the 1911.

1) JMB never worked for Luger,
2) Never worked for Mauser who built a lot of the Lugers.

Much later in his life he did work with FN who then produced his last design, commonly known as the Browning High Power in 9mm.

Don't care what you teach, no one brought up "delicate hands". Someone with a good skill set and a good 1911 can reach quote a bit farther in distance then martial arts.

I have an old Argentinian Colt 45 and an Old Army 45LC. I don’t have much ammo on either so I shoot 9 more. Is there a problem with that? I also live in a restricted state so I gotta work with what I got.
Try working with some history for a change.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My old and arthritic hands use it too when I don't feel like 45acp.

20 yards from the holster with a stock RO Champion. No compensator, no trigger job, no checkering and so on. IIRC this was roughly 80-90 rounds of Mozambique.

Kids today are lazy and need it "easy".

View attachment 659607
That’s some nice shooting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Meh.....don't ban him/her.

Let's enjoy the carnage of when @Kevin Rohrer jumps in the ring and settles this matter. :D
I resemble that remark, but did not coin the phrase. I just pass it along to the less well-educated. 😎

As for most of the comments here, they look to be tongue-in-cheek, but others misunderstood the jokes and got their panties in a bunch. Relax guys, we all have the same interest here.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Its the first shot that counts the most. Since the .45 has the most knockdown power makes it the easy choice. Hey, it's cheaper than 9mm too. Who would have thought...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 44 Posts